Are you ready for fall baking? Today's post is a good one guys! We're kicking off the season with my go-to Apple Spice Loaf Cake, and I'm so excited to share it with you! To start off, this is one of those cakes that I truly wish I could just hand you through the screen. It's one of those easy bakes that's perfect for dessert, a little snack, or even breakfast, and it's full of warm flavors that just scream fall!
One of the highlights of this recipe is how simple it is to prepare. Whisk everything up in a bowl - I usually do it by hand, but feel free to use a mixer if you prefer - and pop it into the oven. About ten minutes into baking, your house will smell like an apple cinnamon love fest. Now I'm about ready to make it again!
Obviously the apples are the highlight of this cake, but I love the walnuts in it too. They lend that crunch factor to the cake, and all the spices and brown sugar add major flavor. Of course I had to add a little bourbon, which ups the cozy factor even more, and it just plays so nicely with the cinnamon and cloves..
As soon as you take it out of the oven, you know it's going to be good! Do you see how it gets slightly crisp on the top? That's exactly what you're looking for.
You will probably find yourself staring at it like I did - waiting, and waiting for it to cool down so you can take a bite. It feels like torture waiting for it to cool, but it's always well worth the wait. I love no-fuss bakes like this that work for anything and everything. Feel like a mid-day snack? This will do the trick. Want to bake something special for brunch? This always gets rave reviews. Cake that passes as breakfast? Sign me up!
And my favorite is to serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream.
You may want to break out the caramel sauce too. Just putting that out there!
As you can tell, it's definitely one of those recipes that once you make it, you'll find yourself always going back to because it always delivers! I hope you guys give this one a try and remember to keep sharing your bakes with me over on Instagram!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups peeled and diced apple - I use Granny Smith
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugars together until mixture gets lighter in color. You can do this by hand or with a mixer.
- Whisk in oil, bourbon and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. You will most likely have to switch from a whisk to a spatula, as the batter becomes quite thick once you add the dry ingredients.
- Stir in diced apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 65-70 minutes, rotating once halfway through. Cake is dome when toothpick comes out clean.